AUTOMATIC SPEECH RECOGNITION APPLICATIONS AND SCENARIOS
- Automatic speech transcription
- Voice-control systems, with or without IVR menu – e.g. to activate and control the car’s features, especially the GPS, the entertainment system, the environmental controls and mobile phone
- Call steering, typically to route calls to specific call center agents
- Voice picking, to allow warehouse operators to check inventories and perform the picking having both hands free (and, therefore, improving warehouse operators’ accuracy and speed of pick)
- Voice authentication, in personal identity verification systems, overcoming the need to enter credentials
TEXT TO SPEECH APPLICATIONS AND SCENARIOS
- Voice navigation systems
- Assistive technology, e.g. computer screen readers and, in general, to aid those with speech and/or reading impairment
- Public announcement systems, e.g. passenger information systems in transportation
- Entertainment, e.g. games and animations, and systems to support text reading
ADVANCED APPLICATIONS AND SCENARIOS (CONVERSATIONAL SYSTEMS)
In more advanced scenarios, recognition and synthesis systems are integrated to manage dialogic interaction. This is exactly the case of conversational interfaces, where it is crucial for the spoken input to be understood and processed by the machine. On the other hand, the output must be provided verbally, in the most natural and human-like way.
CELI’s VOICE TECHNOLOGY OFFER
To allow machines to understand human language more and more, we make available to our customers our experience, our technology and our research in Natural Language Understanding (NLU), the Natural Language Processing (NLP) branch that focuses on semantics and intelligence, aiming to replicate into machine the ability of understanding and producing human-like language.